Monday, November 11, 2013

NaBloPoMo: Thirty Acts of Love: Day 11. The Ugly Scarf

Helen adores the assistant teacher in her class. Mrs. M. This is the second year Mrs. M. has been with Helen, and I'm confident the feeling is mutual. Every time I mention Helen to Mrs. M. or mention Mrs. M. to Helen, I see both of them smile. Once, Helen made Mrs. M. a finger knitting that was at least 2 yards long. It was made with this awful, polyester yarn, and I believe it was orange and white. To say it is not Mrs. M.'s style, would be an understatement.

But Mrs. M. wore that "scarf" several days last year, and I've seen it on her this year. Helen is so proud of that scarf. And clearly, the wearing of it is an act of love by Mrs. M., because there is no other explanation I can think of why she would do this.

Thank you, Mrs. M. Helen has been lucky to be with you these past two years.

Elaine

Day 1. The All Night Sewing Spree
Day 2. Package from a Friend
Day 3. For the Love of the Game
Day 4. Always There
Day 5. Ups and Downs
Day 6. Siblings 
Day 7. Football and Money 
Day 8. Theater
Day 9. Young Friends
Day 10. Playing Catch 

1 comment: