Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaBloPoMo Advice Column: Day 5 - No Sweatpants

This ditty comes from my sister. After Connor's birth, I had a bit of difficulty getting my groove back. So she sent me a book, which basically said "start putting yourself back together - and start with your clothes because that's an easy place to start". It would take me a while to admit this, but about 2 years ago, I finally implemented a "no sweat pants" rule for myself - with the only exceptions being around the house late at night and while working in the garden.

I don't think any further explanation is needed on this one.

Elaine

Building a worldview:
Day 1: Surround Yourself With Brilliant People (though my friend Susan makes a good point that clever is pretty good, too).
Day 2: Whatever, it works.
Day 3: Surround Yourself With Beauty
Day 4: When You Go Through Something New - Drag Someone With You

4 comments:

  1. I thought clothes was the hardest place to start. I didn't want to start buying new clothes before I got rid of the baby weight. That said, it's probably the easiest way to brighten up an outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to change and take my make-up right after coming back home and putting sweat pants/t-shirt. poor hobby... I stopped doing that.
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with this. I love to be comfortable in my home. The first thing I do is change into sweatpants and take off my bra. Hmmmm - you have made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmm...yeah! Good advice! @Marya, as long as you do NOT go out like that you are fine! when you need to relax it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete