Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NaBloPoMo Advice Column - Day 15 - Loose Lips Sink Ships

This evening, Helen flashed a smile to me at dinner and related the following tale.

Today at snack, I was trying to trick Miss A., so I started coughing so much that she would think I was sick. Then P. started coughing, too, and we were both coughing so, so much that we were definitely tricking Miss A. Then C started coughing too, but not that much. So Miss A. turned our chairs around at the snack table. Then we had to move away from the snack table because P. and I were still coughing so much. Then, we had to go and find our golden manners. Mine were hiding behind the curtain. Then I came back to the snack table but I wasn't coughing anymore.

I never would've known about any of this, except Miss Chattypants can't keep anything to herself. Although by the way she told the story, I'm not even sure it dawned on her that she might be in trouble.

Loose lips sink ships.

Helen has been busy with her make-up kit as well.
Elaine

Building a worldview:
Day 1: Surround Yourself With Brilliant People (though my friend Susan makes a good point that clever is pretty good, too).
Day 2: Whatever, it works.
Day 3: Surround Yourself With Beauty
Day 4: When You Go Through Something New - Drag Someone With You
Day 5: No sweatpants.
Day 6: Embrace the Crazy
Day 7: Listen to Your Friends or Fight Old Fogey-dom. Get out there. Keep experiencing fun, new things.
Day 8: Don't Let Anyone Sell You Short
Day 9: Take a Lesson From Your Child
Day 10: Consume the best chocolate you can
Day 11: Help your neighbor.
Day 12: Take Breaks
Day 13: Establish a Realistic Rhythm
Day 14: Sometimes, you just have to ask.

3 comments:

  1. i bet my kids golden manners are (sometimes) behind the curtain. and maybe mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that they have to go find their golden manners. I might use that sometime.

    ReplyDelete