Sunday, January 1, 2006

End of football season...at least for the Chiefs

Today was the final day of football season for Connor and I since we are Chiefs fans. Not sure how we'll nap on Sundays, but I guess we'll find something else to watch on TV. Maybe we'll root on the Redskins in honor of my pottery teacher.


I don't know what Ed and Connor did on Friday while I was at work, but by the time I came home, Connor was a different fellow. He was hanging out in his exer-saucer, loving life for quite some time. He also had a very serious piano practice session later that night. True, his piano has only four keys, but wow can he bang out the tunes. Aunt Linda will surely be impressed the next time she sees him.


I'm still obsessing about Connor's sleep - but really it's been better lately. He's still in my bed - and is most definitely not interested in moving to his own bed - but he's sleeping for a few hours at a time, and only waking up a couple of times at night. Last night he was particularly generous in his sleep given that he didn't make it to bed until about 12:30 (he had slept in the Baby Bjorn prior to that) and he didn't wake up until 6:30 - and wasn't ready to get out of bed until 8:30. We took two long naps together and he took a short nap while Ed was cooking and then while we were eating dinner in his swing.

Connor recently discovered the mirror on his changing table and seems to enjoy that - though he swears he knows nothing about all the little handprints on the mirror.


Finally, he's decided he does not need assistance drinking from a bottle - though he gets a little annoyed when the bottle suddenly drops out of his mouth because he moves his arms. He'll look up at whomever is feeding him with a look like he's asking "what's the big idea? I was drinking that, you know!".


It's a magical time. Hope everyone is enjoying the start of the New Year. I'm still deciding what my resolution for the year should be. Perhaps it will be to check these posts for grammatical errors before I post them - but probably it will be something else!

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment