Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finally - A Kitchen Table of Their Own

On the last day of Christmas, I managed to get Connor and Helen a table with four chairs for the kitchen. The kitchen is well-appointed, for sure, but it lacks a clear horizontal surface to serve all the meals Helen and Connor cook up. Sales are good right now, so I purchased this table which was half off, and then used a credit I received from CSN for a previous post to pay for about half of that price, so that I ended up paying less than $50 for the table. My friend Ellen had been looking for one of these for me on Criagslist or at her thrift store, but told me chances of scoring one in great condition where grim.

As soon as Ed got home, the kids started begging him to put the table together. Connor and I went to work on the table immediately (the simpler of the items) while Ed and Helen started tackling chairs. Ed scarcely had the first chair assembled and Helen had started making dinner for pink bear. She decided to make her cake, because wouldn't that make a really yummy dinner?


I love the table, as do Connor and Helen. The chairs are strong enough to support an adult, and because there are 4, I'm pretty sure I won't hear that many arguments between Connor and Helen. Thank you, CSN Stores!

Elaine

Disclosure: As mentioned in the post, I was given a $55 credit to spend however I liked. I chose to apply it towards a table. All opinions expressed in the post are my own, and anyone and everyone who knows me should come over and check it out if they're interested. It wasn't that difficult to put together and it's super sturdy.

1 comment: