Friday, March 11, 2011

Homemade Friday: Handknit Socks

I have fire balled into a sock obsession. It started out when I was standing in the knitting store as a friend selected yarn for a scarf. I casually picked up a book that spent the entire introduction explaining why nobody should settle for anything less than a perfectly fitted, knit just for your foot, sock.

I was hooked. And I have three gorgeous skeins of yarn to prove it.

But I had just purchased yarn for this project and I did not want to distract myself. (Embarrassingly, I still have two nearly knit hats from this winter's hat phase. Total hats knit this winter = 5, I believe, with numbers 6 and 7 due any day. As soon as I finish a few more socks!!)

I can't say my latest obsession has resulted in much product, but I completed my first sock and have rounded the heel on the second one. Connor loves it. He selected the yarn himself.



Elaine

1 comment:

  1. look for a book that teaches how to knit 2 at a time. it uses 2 sets of circular needles and you are always assured you will finish the set and that they will be exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete