Friday, February 25, 2011

Homemade Friday: Helen's New Shirt!

I did it. I knit Helen a shirt similar to the ones I've been admiring over here. And I love the result (although I would love it more with the matching pants I selected for Helen today - but they didn't have pockets - and she needed pockets in order to hold all the quarters she was planning on spending at the doctor's office in the vending machine he has).

The pattern comes from Ravelry, and the yarn comes from Fibre Space - a recommendation I got from here.

The only problem is - there are a million similar patterns that I want to knit up immediately for Helen, but I haven't fallen in love with something for Connor, and he's definitely expecting to get the next hand knit item. I'm planning on knitting a pair of socks for him, or maybe I'll try and felt him a pair of slippers to wear around the house.


As I was nearing the end, Helen would dance with delight when she saw the shirt. Then, on the evening that it was obvious I would complete it, she announced "I'm going to have a new shirt tomorrow. I will see it in the morning and be so surprised and happy".

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. That is SO adorable! (And dang you are talented!) That pattern would also be really cute if you extended the length and made it a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I would love to request it as a hand-me-down in a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @De - I thought about that, but wanted to make sure Helen fell in love with it before I put the extra hours in. Next time, though...

    @Brenna - Y'all would be the pefect hand-me-down recipients.

    ReplyDelete