Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Swinging Into Summer

Could there be anything better in life than a big swing set? I somehow doubt it.


Connor and Helen have been having a ball playing with their friends H. and A. on some recent Friday afternoons. The first time I took all four kids to the park, I was a little nervous about losing one - even though it's a fully fenced in park. I decided the best strategy to make sure I returned with them all was to secure them in one place. The swing set turned out to be perfect for this task. It kept the kids busy for a good 10 minutes and I was actually sweating after keeping all of the swings going for that long. I think I felt the same as one of those people that spin plates on swords, and they have to keep running back and forth, guessing which plate is about to fall, and give it a spin while keeping an eye on all the others.

Connor and Helen had so much fun they requested that we go to H. and A.'s house and take them to the park for EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT! And you know what? Come summer, we just might do that.

Elaine

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun.
    I took fo rhte 1st time the 4-year old boy/neighbour with us to the park too and let them run wild (no climbing!) and once we got back home, they all play nicely together. The last itme he came to visit us, it felt like a tornado in our home.

    ReplyDelete