Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cupcake Wars: Next stop - New DC Cupcake Shop: Sprinkles!

Sprinkles Cupcakes is coming to town. In fact, they're already here. They've been driving around town handing out hundreds of cupcakes from their traveling cupcake van, and tonight, they hosted a champagne and cupcake event that was fantastic not only because they've combined two of my favorite things - but because I got to meet local blogger Jodifur.

I also got to meet the owner, Candace Nelson, who is an actual celebrity from the actual show Cupcake Wars. True story, I had no idea there was a television show named Cupcake Wars until after I had titled several blog posts with that title. Yes, I live under a rock. Anyway, Candace and I have a lot in common, I'm sure. Like, we both like champagne and cupcakes. See...



And just so Candace and The Food Network know, if there is ever the need for a stand-in on Cupcake Wars, I am available. Really...it's no trouble at all.

The cupcakes are gorgeous and there's a great selection available daily.


But of course, looks don't impress the crowd here at Connor and Helen. Nope. They've got to taste good.

Connor may have found his absolute dream cupcake - Cinnamon Sugar. It's topped with cinnamon and sugar, instead of frosting, and Connor is right - it is delicious. And that's saying something - given that the frosting of a cupcake is usually the big draw in this house. I love that it's on the schedule daily, so that whenever we next wander in, we'll be able to get it. It gets a solid two thumbs up.


It's true, Connor gives two thumbs up nearly every time he rates a cupcake. He's easy to impress (although I will hazard a guess now, that if I give him a choice of cupcake stores, he'll choose Sprinkles just so he can get that cinnamon cupcake again). Helen, however, is my more discerning cupcake taster. It took several weeks, until we found Cakelove, that she actually gave the two thumbs up rating.

She had no trouble dishing that rating out to Sprinkles as well. She had the milk chocolate cupcake.



I'm not going to answer the debate of which cupcake shop on M Street is best (Georgetown Cupcake or Sprinkles) but it's easy to add Sprinkles Cupcakes to the top of the pack!

Disclosure - I was given a half dozen cupcakes, a very fancy bottle of vanilla, some delicious very high quality chocolate, and the Sprinkles recipe for chocolate frosting. I was not asked to write about the party this evening. Thank you! The cupcakes were delicious!! I will be making the frosting very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes must be great to get four thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time you are in Topeka hit YUM in Fairlawn Mall - AWESOME. They also make the best chicken salad sandwiches in town.

    ReplyDelete