Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This is really the father of my children?

"I climbed a telephone pole a few days ago."
"Why would you do that?"
"Because it was there."
PAUSE with a confused look on my face.
"You see, normally there are these things at the bottom of the poles that prevent idiots like me from climbing up them - but some old ones in our neighborhood don't have them so I could easily climb up."
"And you did this in front of Connor, I presume?"
"Yeah."

I think Ed should go back to work soon. I'm not sure he can handle the freedom of being out and about in the neighborhood for so many hours each day.

As I write this, Ed is reading from one of his homebrew newsletters and advocating that "table beer" ought to be offered in public schools, much like it was in Belgium many years ago.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment