Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ed's Weekend With the Little People

Last weekend, I went to Boston to visit my two close friends from elementary school. I left early Thursday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. I had a ball.

I took my old camera with me, so that Ed could take lots of photos of the kids while I was away. Let me take a moment to share my favorite one with you.

Oh, you missed that, did you? Me too. Ed took NO PHOTOS the entire weekend.

He took the kids to our old CSA farm. They dug up some potatoes, got lost in a corn maze, played lots of mini golf, and Helen fed the baby pig her finger. Well, it tried to eat her finger, but Helen wasn't about to give it up. They rode the cow train at the farm for the first time ever (even Ed rode on it!). But did Ed bother to take even one photo? Nope. Not a one.

The next day, Connor and Helen talked him into a trip to Build-A-Bear where Helen purchased a pink bear (which she calls a cat) and Connor got a Jack Russell, the mommy dog to the baby dog he got last time we went there. And actually, this was pretty impressive on the kids' part because on Thursday night when I talked to the kids before bed, Connor casually mentioned that Daddy was taking them to Build-A-Bear and when Ed got on the phone, he was totally in denial about it. HA! Score one for persistence. But again, no photo for me.

So...if a Dad spends the weekend with his kids without their mother, but he doesn't photograph it, did it happen?

4 comments:

  1. That's my boy! Real men don't record every moment, they just live them. Just kidding of course. You have a great blog.

    John P-R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. Although now that Benjie actually has a nicer phone with a better camera than I do, the pressure is on him to do better at recording his time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the photographer in our family. For every 100 photos of Eamon there is 50 of Eamon with Rob; 10 of Rob and 1 of me. And that's the one I ask him to take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take the bulk of pictures as well.
    At least Elaine you had fun, the kids had fun and nothing bad happened. You can do it again!

    ReplyDelete