Sunday, April 18, 2010

The questions

I wish I was organized enough to carry a pad of paper with me wherever I went, because if I was, I would have about three million questions to list here that I have been asked in the last few days. Among them?

Connor: "If my head were cut off, do you think it would sink or float?"
Me: "That's a good question. I think Daddy will have a better guess."
Helen: "It will sink."
Connor: "No, I think it would float."

Connor: "How do babies get in your tummy."
Me: "They start out very small - just like all of the seeds we plant in the garden."
Helen: "There is a baby named Helen in my tummy. She is going to be born tonight at 5:30 o'clock."

Helen: "Why do you ask why so much?"
Me: "Oh, I guess I'm just curious. You?"
Helen: "I don't ask why too much."
Me: "I guess this is one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree on."

And then, of course, there would be the constant chorus from Connor of "How do you know?".

Elaine

PS: The number of lizards found in my backyard now numbers two. Ed and I moved the sandbox on Sunday and a critter - originally identified as a tiny snake by Ed - skittered away. It was in that skittering that we realized it was a lizard, which is a lot less gross than a snake, in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment