Sunday, November 13, 2005

Like mother, like son...thank you NFL


Ahhh...there's nothing like a Sunday full of football games to get one's nap schedule back on track. Ed may find a jog on the trail near our house the best way to spend the afternoon, but I prefer a nice nap while "watching" football. Connor, apparently agrees with me as he lies precariously perched on his boppy watching football with his eyes shut. This is actually a skill that's been passed down for at least another generation in my family as I often remember my dad paying attention to football this way. We haven't taught Connor how to use the remote yet, but I think he is developing my love for the Chiefs. Connor may look like his daddy, but he's rooting for his mama's teams if he's a smart man. (Sorry about rooting for so many bad teams, Connor. But it builds character!)

Last night, Connor continued celebrating his birthday by awakening around 3:00 to a very impressive fart (that's my boy!), and then deciding to eat and talk to me for about a half hour after he finished eating, at which point I told him to just go to sleep, which woke up Ed. Ed then walked around with Connor from 4:00 - 4:45 am, with Connor staring up at him with those bright, very awake eyes he has. At 4:45, Connor finally went back to sleep, only to wake up instantly upon hitting the sheets next to me. He looked at me and smiled, which caused me to laugh and Ed to remark that Connor was not making any friends being awake at this time of day. Connor then ate again and FINALLY went back to sleep. He then dozed until mid-morning and is in the midst of his second long nap for the day as I write. Thank you NFL.



And...after his morning nap, a big "I told you so" from me. See, Connor, you are a much more pleasant guy when you SLEEP! And frankly, your dad and I are much more pleasant people too.

Hope your football teams did better than mine did today.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment