Monday, July 27, 2015

Homemade Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt - I think I'm in love!

A few weeks ago, I decided to take the banilla Stonyfield yogurt that Ed purchased accidentally (banana and vanilla mixed together - not just plain vanilla) and turn it into frozen yogurt. If you ask Connor, it was an evil plot on my part, but if you ask me, it was sheer brilliance.



Here's the thing - Connor and Helen are becoming less picky (amen!), but they are still quite particular about a few things. One of the things that is most upsetting to them is when they expect to taste one thing, and taste another. That was what happened with the banilla flavored yogurt. Yes, Helen loves bananas. But apparently banana / vanilla flavored yogurt is too big an aberration to allow into our lives, so after one serving, she had decided it should be put in the "things we do not eat" part of the refrigerator. Connor has been trying to dump bananas as a food (which I am solidly not allowing). Naturally, accidentally eating banana / vanilla flavored yogurt sent him into a tailspin, and absolute refusal.

I got tired of looking at it in the refrigerator, it was time to clean the refrigerator out, and what should arrive in the mail but a new Yaylabs SoftShell Ice Cream ball? It was Sunday morning, and I had just purchased a flat of raspberries from the farmer's market, so I decided to - wait for it - taint the already tainted banilla yogurt with raspberries.




And I did not regret it one bit. Super easy. Super yummy.

The only thing that was a little sad is that Connor thought we were making vanilla ice cream, so when he saw it wasn't vanilla - IT WAS PINK - he about had a heart attack. And then we he decided that his love of raspberries and vanilla ice cream was great enough to overcome the mixing of the two sacred foods and actually tasted a bite, he was totally mad at me. Here he'd spent 15 minutes rolling a ball with me, only to discover that the dreaded banilla yogurt had reared its ugly head.



He wouldn't eat a bit.

I ate the whole thing. Every bite. It was delicious.

And I would do it again.

Although perhaps I will allow him to make some frozen vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream next time to ease his fear of the awesome ice cream ball. I am confident he will check each ingredient as it goes in, rather than risk having to taste something that is not vanilla.

Elaine

I received coupons for Stonyfield yogurt and a free Yaylabs ice cream ball. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment