Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Fairy Visit

Right before our last snowstorm, Helen and I were looking at the garden beds on the side of our house and found evidence of fairies moving in.

We were thrilled by our discovery, and immediately set about trying to welcome whatever fairies wanted to live in our garden. I figured each week we could add a little something, and in a couple of months - we'd probably have a pretty fun space.

Our first additions were some sparkly golden rocks, that surely fairies would love.



Helen also cleared away some of the dead pine needles that had gathered over winter, and as soon as a weekend is nice enough, we'll prune the branches of the plants back.

I had no idea another snowstorm would come and bury the start of our fairy garden. Helen and I have both been waiting for everything to melt to confirm our fairies' home is OK.

Think warm thoughts! We don't want any more snow this weekend to potentially bury the house again!

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have a question I wanted to ask you regarding your blog. If you could send me an email when you get this, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!
    -Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairies, hmm? I wonder if they are any relation to ours? We had Sprinkles in Maryland and now have her cousin Snowflake in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete