Friday, September 6, 2013

Space Shuttle Launch

Tonight, NASA is scheduled to launch LADEE to the moon. Ed reminded us about this at dinner tonight. Connor was nonplussed by the whole affair. As he put it, what's so exciting when we can't even see it?

After I removed the dagger that was piercing my heart, I noted that this shuttle was going to the MOON. It's leaving the EARTH.

Connor noted that people had already been on the moon, so what could be so exciting.

You know what's exciting, Connor?

That a long time ago, someone dared to dream about getting to the moon. And every time that dream comes true, it's amazing.

Every. Single. Time.

And you know what else makes this so exciting?

At a time when the world seems to be caving inward, and I sometimes stop and wonder where the humanity of everything has gone, I find hope in the knowledge that a whole team of people kept on working together on a project, focused on the moon.

To the moon and back, my love.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment