Monday, September 23, 2013

Confidence

Connor lacks Helen's moxie in most situations. He tends to get a little nervous when he speaks to adults, he definitely doesn't want to be wrong, and he mostly tries to go unnoticed.

Except for schoolwork.

For some reason, he shows a confidence there that he lacks elsewhere. He mostly keeps it to himself, but on our walks home, more than once he has shown a side of himself that I don't see often.

Last Friday, he told me he had a math quiz and there was an extra credit question on it. I asked him if he completed the question, figuring if he was like me, he'd answer the question just in case a mistake had been made on the test.

But Connor doesn't need that insurance. He told me "no, I didn't bother answering the question, I had already gotten a perfect score on the test".

Today, he brought the test home.

And guess what? He was right.

A friend of mine remarked - when you hit the ball out of the park - you take your time rounding the bases. True that.


And that A+ he brought home? It's good for a free cupcake at Sprinkles in Georgetown tomorrow (Tuesdays in September). We'll be heading there after traffic clears.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment