Monday, September 9, 2013

Little League

Connor, my contrarian, roots for neither the Royals (my hometown team from the way back days) nor the Nationals (my hometown team of the present). Instead, he roots for the Orioles (understandable, I suppose), the Cubs (t-ball team), the Diamondbacks (little league team), and just for good measure he has a soft spot for the White Sox, driven solely by his desire to annoy me. Occasionally, he'll root for the Red Sox since Ed grew up a Yankees' fan.

It's a mess. And it can also be embarrassing when he wears all of these random (terrible) team hats he has.

So of course, it should come as no surprise that the little league team name for fall is the Yankees. I received the email, read it, and promptly told Connor he had to quit baseball for the Fall, because I was NOT going to have a child that played for the Yankees.

Connor wasn't quite sure if I was serious or not. He told me "Ah mom, you can root for me, can't you?" and I told him that I supported what George Brett said when he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame "I  don't like those Yankees still".

But come Saturday, I'm a Yankees fan.

That hurts.

A lot.

I'll be the fan in the enormous sun hat and dark glasses, trying to hide.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment