Monday, December 5, 2011

Connor Finds Religion...Again

When Connor was 3, he announced he'd like to go to church. The next year, he received a bible at the County Fair - and actually refused to go to another fair unless I promised he'd get another bible.

On Friday morning, Connor requested I read Noah and the Ark to him, which is a book he and his last babysitter picked up in the "free books" section of the public library. This book goes on endlessly, and is not shortened at all for children. The first time Ed read the book to Connor, Connor looked at Ed as if he were telling a ridiculous story. Now? He was so annoyed at me that I was making pancakes for him rather than reading that he defiantly sat down on his little blue couch and started plugging through the book, only occasionally asking me what a word was. At about page four, he hailed Helen over and said to her "Helen, you need to pay attention. I'm reading a story from the REAL BIBLE! It's important." And that afternoon, he brought home the following homework paper. I am thankful for...and he had to fill in the blank. The word he filled in? "God"

Is someone trying to send his mama a message?

Elaine

1 comment: