Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Helen at School

Oh blog...how I have neglected thee. Between attending a British Pantomime, getting together with friends, holiday singing parties, the Botanical Gardens and more, I haven't found the time to post. So...I'll post a note about Helen's school. To say she is having a fantastic time this year would be an understatement. She adores both her teachers and loves playing with the other children in the class. She prefers to hang with the boys, but does play with the girls a bit.

Last week, on our way to school, Helen announced that [NEW KID] was going to be her best friend until [J - Old Best Friend who is out of town for the next 3 months] returned. I almost felt like I should warn the little dude. But apparently NEW KID also likes Helen, as his mom emailed tonight seeing if Helen was available for a playdate.

Helen's teacher often sends me snippets about her week. This one was among the funniest.

Discussion today at the snack table-
Helen: I used to live in Missouri
[Friend] says sympathetically: Oh, did you throw up?
Helen: No [Friend], I did not throw up!


Yesterday at the park:
Helen carrying a stick and something that fell from a tree: Ms. A, look I found a brachiosaurus. It doesn't have a nest, so I have to carry around its egg too.
Me: Helen, you could find a nest for it if you want.
Helen: But I didn't see ANY!
Me: Well, you could make him one.
Helen runs over and pushes a few pieces of mulch to one side and runs back
Helen: Ms A LOOK, I found a nest!


Helen was playing mom today in the classroom for a little while. Her daughters were supposed to be sleeping while Santa is coming (which happens to be [Friend2]), and Helen was laying on a playstand pretending to sleep. [Friend2] shows up and is upset that they are not asleep and says "Why are you not asleep? Hoho is here and your eyes should be closed. Hoho is mad at you now" Helen quickly wakes up from her bed and screams "Close your eyes RIGHT NOW! You should be asleep!", then quickly lays back down for Santa (or Hoho).


Her hands were filled to the max with worms today. She could not have fit one more in there. Though I love worms and what they do for our earth, that many crawling around in her hand looked like it belonged in some horror film. It was pretty funny.


I also loved her St Nicholas note to me this week. She was so sweet and proud. She told me it was written down so that I could remember what she got forever.
--For the record, Helen received some paper, some chocolates, and two containers of play-doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment