Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Professional Frosters: Moms Love (Sprinkles) Cupcakes

In the past week, Helen has had a change in career plans. She has now decided she will be a nurse, rather than an engineer. I'm not exactly sure what brought about the change in career hopes, but I'm hoping to steer her toward midwifery. Then, I could live out my retirement days vicariously through her. Awesome.

But earlier this week, Connor and Helen got to try their hand at a different career entirely: frosters at Sprinkles Bakery. This could be a pretty fantastic career for me, should they choose to do it, because it's no secret, I love cupcakes. Connor and Helen? It appears they love frosting.



And they have just one tip for the fabulous folks at Sprinkles, who so generously allowed them to frost cupcakes and then sent us home with a box to enjoy - MORE DECORATIONS!

This is the Sprinkles decorated "mom" box. It's available next week, in celebration of Mother's Day. And I can attest...moms do love cupcakes! At least this one does.
This is the Connor and Helen decorated family box. And just to be clear, Connor actually said "I only took one of each decoration so that there would be some left for the other children. In other words - this was him being conservative!
Elaine

Thank you, Sprinkles, my kids had a great time piling frosting on your cupcakes and checking out your party room. I'm thinking of hosting Helen's bday there - with a "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake" theme. Thanks also for the delicious cupcakes. My favorite is still the peanut butter chip and Connor's favorite is still the cinnamon cupcake, but the vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, and lemon in our take-home box tasted fantastic. The store manager could not have been nicer to Helen. In Helen's mind, they are BFF for sure!

1 comment:

  1. IYGACAC is currently one of Luna's favorite books too! Cats and cupcakes...what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete