Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cupcake Wars: Next Stop "Frosting - A Cupcakery"

We found another winner a couple of weeks ago. I had a coupon that essentially allowed me to bring home a dozen cupcakes for the price of six at Frosting, A Cupcakery in Chevy Chase, Maryland. We were the only customers in the store at the time, which really allowed us a lot of time for drooling. This store is lovely. And the person working there explained that it was the brainchild of a recently married couple. This is a fantastic idea on this couple's part. First, it's a great shop. Second, whenever they have a crappy day, they can blame it on the store, rather than each other. This is very similar to what Ed and I did. In mid-May, 2001, we got married. We purchased a house two weeks later. A house that tried to kill us. More than once. Which we were thankfully able to unload onto someone else, eventually. Anyway, all the minor problems with that house were really blessings because whenever something went wrong, we blamed the house, rather than the marriage. I can only assume that's the reason two newly married people would start a business.

Anyway, this cupcake store smells and looks heavenly. It is straight out of a Martha Stewart catalog. Trust me. I have many years of back issues of this magazine.



Connor went for the traditional vanilla with vanilla icing, and Helen chose something chocolate, decorated with something pink! Of course! I chose ten others that were each awesome in their own way. I was hosting a dinner that night at my house, so I shared my loot, and no complaints were heard. I definitely recommend this store and hope it outlives the cupcake fad.


Helen is definitely softening on this whole rating thing. She gives the store one thumb up and one thumb down.


Connor went with his standard two thumbs up.

I rank this place up with the big boys of Cakelove and Georgetown Cupcake. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Week whose counting anymore?: Cakelove (Arlington, VA)

Week 1: Georgetown Cupcake (Washington, DC)
Frosting, A Cupcakery (Chevy Chase, MD)

Week 3.2: Daddy Cakes (Topeka, KS)
Week 2: Bakeshop in Clarendon (Arlington, VA)
Week 3: Smallcakes (Overland Park, KS)
Week 4: Woodmor Pastry Shop (Silver Spring, MD)
Week 5: Sugarbakers









 

No comments:

Post a Comment