Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy 34 Months, Helen!

Dear Helen,

Your 34th month has been so much fun, though Connor definitely took center stage with his big birthday. You were extremely happy to celebrate with him, and still like to play birthday often.

You became the queen of dress-up last month. In part, I suspect this is because I made the dress-up clothes a little more accessible. In part, I think you just decided that you needed to accessorize more. The way you piece outfits together is nothing short of fantastic.



Clearly, you deserve a mom with more flair.

Your laughter is contagious, and you find a way to be laughing most of the day.



You prefer to dance as a way to get around than walk in a straight line and actually, I'm not sure you could walk in a straight line. All that energy is hard to contain!




You show extremely good taste in chocolate, often asking if I will take you to the "fancy chocolate store" because you know they always have samples. I probably shouldn't have let you taste your first one, but I did, and so we indulge together on occasion. Our favorite store is Artisan Confections. Yum, yum, yum.

You also love to grocery store with your dad, and I can only imagine what a hoot it is for every person in the store when you go toddling along beside him with your little shopping cart requesting he put important items in the cart like ORANGE cheese, instead of his preferred WHITE cheese. (That's just one of the many differences between East Coasters and Midwesterners. In the Midwest, we like our cheese orange. I'm glad to see you picked that up from me.

You still fear all loud noises, and love to crawl in bed with me or Connor when you hear a raindrop hit your window.

You also have a crazy talent for describing things you don't know the name of with words you do know. The example that sticks out the most for me this month is your use of the term "hard money" versus "soft money". In a vending machine, you need "hard money". You do this all the time though, and I wish I remembered more of them.

Your dad noticed that the gender neutral term for you is "she". Everyone is referred to as she, in the abstract. Mostly, it applies to stuffed animals, but also when you are referring to anyone by occupation. Let's hear it for feminism, darling.

You still adore babies and cats, and when a friend of our brought over their very adorable nine month old, you were delighted to help her walk around.


You did think she needed a little more dressing up, but I'm sure that will come soon enough.

You are very excited that your birthday is coming up. Grandma Carlene and Grandpa Rodney are planning to stay with us for a few days to celebrate, which will definitely make the party a fun one. I'm thinking it'll be a dress-up party, but maybe we'll have tea instead.

I cannot believe you will be THREE soon. After that, I'll have no toddlers soon. We start school in a few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to our morning each week together in class.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment