Thursday, July 1, 2010

Here's One From the Vault: Gymnastics

Helen and Connor took gymnastics lessons over the winter months. It's a way to make sure they can run around on Saturday morning without having my house look like Yosemite Sam just stopped by. Generally, it works.

For the most part, Connor goes to his class, and has some fun, but is not totally into it. That is, until the day he overheard my au pair telling me that the coach wanted Helen to join the gymnastics team as soon as she turned 5. At that point, Connor was completely offended that the coach hadn't said the same thing about him, and he decided he loved gymnastics, too. This photo still suprises me, given that he willingly went to the bar and smiled as soon as he saw my camera come out.


Helen adores her gymnastics class. And when my parents were here to visit, my dad agreed to go to class with her. Unlike Connor's class where parents are requested to wait away from the action (which is great for getting a little knitting done), Helen's class is an adult-child participation class.

Helen enjoys doing a ridiculous bear walk:



Hanging from just about anywhere:



Jumping:



And of course, her trademark flip, which she will complete just about anywhere at anytime.


Already, Helen has been requesting to go back to gymnastics, but I just can't bear to have a Saturday morning activity in an already packed summer. And, the weekday classes aren't an option since it would mean Connor would be stuck just watching her, which wouldn't be much fun for him.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment