Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beware the Ides of March

I don't know if Helen is a soothsayer or not, but I'm hoping she's not. While we were in Kansas, my mom asked Helen if she was ready to come for a visit sometime, under the pretext that it would be without parents. Helen responded "Yes, that would be fun. I'll come live with you after my mother dies." My mom did agree that were I to die, Helen would be welcome to come live with her. I guess that's a relief?

Later, Helen nonchalantly mentioned to Ed that maybe when he married someone else and she had a stepmother, they could get a cat, because maybe the stepmother wouldn't be afraid of or allergic to cats.

I'm not sure this bodes well for me!

Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute...you're not afraid of Tipper, are you?!

    ReplyDelete