Saturday, July 14, 2012

Annual Summer Outing - Wolf Trap's Children's Theatre in the Woods

It wouldn't be summer if my kids didn't head out to Wolf Trap's Children's Theatre in the Woods. This theatre is a true gem, tucked away in a little hollow at Wolf Trap. The venue is absolutely perfect for bringing a picnic lunch, and then enjoying it after the show beneath the tall trees that ring the theatre.

This year, we were treated to Dino Rock, which plays this venue annually, it seems. I have a soft spot for them because I was once called on stage as a helper when they performed at the National Zoo, and while no video survives this outing, it was a hoot. Eventually, Connor and Helen joined me on stage!

Just as in year's past, there are loads of shows I'd love to see, and I'm sure we'll head out to catch at least one more. Leading contenders for our next visit are Robbie Schaefer and Matthias Kuchta. I know we'll be hitting the latter and I'm hoping to squeeze in the former.

Every year these shows amaze and delight, and every year I almost let the heat scare me away from going, and every year I remember that tucked into this little hollow, it really is a pleasant place to be - even when it's really hot outside!

Elaine

Disclosure: Thank you to Wolf-Trap for providing two free tickets to the Dino Rock performance. We're already looking forward to heading back! It wouldn't be summer without Theater in the Woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment