Monday, July 25, 2011

Without Even a Glance Backward

This morning, Helen attended summer camp with Connor. It is the first time she's been dropped off without an adult being present, unless you count the time I had a kidney stone and dumped her off with a friend who was NINE MONTHS pregnant at the time. I went to the playdate for about a half hour before I headed to the doctor as a follow-up to my evening in the ER. (And don't worry, as my childcare has been unstable these past few weeks, with the leaving of one au pair and the arrival of another, I warned my friend to not allow me near her, lest she end up watching my kids again - with little to no notice!)

Helen let Ed know that she had been looking forward to being dropped off, (OK, Helen, I know!). After Ed dropped Connor and Helen off, he reported to me that Helen ran right onto the playground without even looking back. I'm guessing she was nervous that if she looked back, someone would notice her and she'd be taken home, clutched from her beloved "drop-off" experience.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment