Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spring Camping!

We took our annual Spring camping trip a few weeks ago. And guess what? It DID NOT RAIN - breaking quite a streak, as Therese and I recalled! Well, at least not until we pulled into the farm to pick berries, on our way home from camping. More importantly, I lost no Connors, Helen was part of the action, and everyone had a good time. Just like in the past.

We headed to Greenbrier again, which is a great park (except that the authorities in Maryland think that drinking and camping do not go together - but I dare them to attempt camping with three children and keep that position). Mostly, we love the warm water in the lake. As of a few weeks ago, it was warm enough for the kids to spend a fair amount of time in the water, with little to no complaining.

Although I think of Connor as more of a camper than Helen, I'm not quite sure that's true anymore. From the moment we got to the campsite, Helen narrated every detail with great excitement.

"Lighting the fire is the BEST part of camping!"
"Setting up the tent is the BEST part of camping!"

Really, I think the best part of camping might be getting out of the car upon arrival!

Connor, per usual, was happy to check out the dog door of the tent. And yes, our tent is so ridiculously big that there is a dog door.



We spent time paddling around the lake, and at one point, all the kids went to Rob's boat. He really liked that, I'm sure. Four per boat - that's the rule!

We packed up before we saw the rain, and headed off to pick berries. Connor can actually be pretty useful in the clean-up process, a trait that Helen has yet to posses.


See you in the Fall!
Elaine

3 comments:

  1. you do realize it is also a door that you can set a cooler out side of and reach for a beverage in a cooler without getting out of your sleeping bag. I speak from experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say what I see Cathy beat me to. :) We have that on our tent, too, although we haven't used it in that fashion, since the only time we spend in the tent is when we sneak in and try not to wake the children. Then we're in there until the wake us at sunrise. Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to say, it never even occurred to me that this was a cooler door! But of course, it makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete