Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Friday: Easy Canvas Prints!

Among the many hobbies I dabbled in before children, when I must have had an awful lot of time, was photography. I took a class at the Smithsonian, and then proudly toted my camera around with me on vacation. I can't say as I ever sealed the deal on a fantastic photograph, but I have plenty that qualify as more than decent.

As Ed and I have been knocking off projects (OK, I've been hiring contractors and Ed has been working his tail off), we're finally turning back to the office. This office has a fabulously blank wall. I was going to fill it with artwork from Helen and Connor (and oh my, is there plenty of that), but the frames I purchased don't work well with the hanging system I had Ed install.

So...plan B. I'm slowly going through vacation photographs, and I'm going to hang them up. I've decided to have them printed on canvas, so that I don't have to have them framed. And score! I got the opportunity to test out a canvas print from  Easy Canvas Prints. The prints are cheap enough that I can fill my wall without risk of sending us (further) into debt, and switch them out whenever the mood strikes. The print came super fast, it appears to be high quality - the colors are certainly true to the original photograph, and there are no obvious defects, and I am going to get several more.

I've started with this photograph of Connor, that I took on the beach in Cape May. He's flying a kite, and when Connor flies a kite, it is a much more active sport than when most people fly a kite. I hope he never loses this enthusiasm, and I'm hoping that the recent photography class I took will lead to better ways to capture it.



Elaine

Thank you, Easy Canvas Prints, for the sample 8x10! Consider me inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment