Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring is Here! More Babies, More Cute Clothes From Organically Grown

Spring has been throwing us for a loop here at chez Connor and Helen. One day, it's warm enough for Helen to sport some of her Spring / Summer wardrobe, and the next day, she receives the dreaded news that it's cold again and she must wear pants or tights. We've had some success with the compromise of shorts beneath pants. But mostly, we argue about the merits of sandals versus sneakers. You can imagine which camp Helen is in.

She just about flipped her lid when a super soft onesie arrived in the mail from Organically Grown. After first exclaiming how much she loved it, and then attempting to put it on (she's small - but not that small!), she set about determining which of her babies would get it (none - it's too nice!). After that was decided, she then tried to decide which of the three new babies in our lives would receive it. I had requested a size 3 - 6 month for a friend who attends school with Helen, because her baby is about 2 months old - and since she goes to our school, there's a good chance she cares about being organic. It's been a few weeks since I've seen the baby, and when she came for a visit on Friday, I knew instantly that she'd grow out of this onesie in a couple of weeks. And it's too cute to not go to someone who can get as much use out of it as possible.


So I gave it to the next Spring baby on my list - whose mother loved it. She even noted when I gave it to her that she could "feel good about having Baby D wear it".

Pretty soon, a woman in my office will be adding her own Spring baby to the mix (yes - that's a total of four - and I know another one on the way as well!), and I'm in the process of choosing which one of these super soft treasures I'll gift her at her office baby shower.


I'm thinking of going with the lion outfit, in honor of the lion cubs at the National Zoo these days. These and others are selling on Amazon. Up close, these duds are so cute, that even my friend Ellen of the always coordinating outfits would approve. I guarantee it.

Elaine

Thank you, Organically Grown, for sending me the onesie. It's being sported by one of the cutest babies I know all around DC.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would definitely approve. I love how you can mix and match the pieces and they still match !

    ReplyDelete