Friday, April 15, 2011

Homemade Friday: Waldorf Heavy Babies

I attended a heavy baby making workshop at the kids' school last Saturday. I now completely understand why heavy babies cost $90+. They're really hard to make. Really hard.

Luckily, the workshop was led by two moms in the school who are absolute handwork experts, so I was able to walk away with two babies that looked great.

I started with the kit from Dream Pixie. I had the clothing pre-made which is a good thing, because I never would've finished the project had I had to sew clothing for the dolls.

For the record, Connor has never been interested in dolls. Except this one. He's carried it around a bit, played with it, and slept with it every night since I made it. It was no surprise that Helen loved hers.




Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment