Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cherry Blossoms!

A few weeks ago, at the peak of the cherry blossoms, Grandpa Dick came for a visit. It was a little cold the evening we went, but the trees were beautiful, and the company was grand.

I attended an evening photography class the week before Grandpa Dick's visit, so I was trying my hardest to shoot without all the auto settings on. It's harder than I remember. And, as seen in the photo above, I clearly forgot the rule of "don't take pictures in dappled light". Sigh.


The hardest part of the evening, was walking along the tidal basin. I had half my attention on the trees, and the other half was in constant worry mode because I was *certain* that Helen one of my children, would end up plopping in what looked like very cold water.

I don't actually have any photos of them walking precariously close to the edge of the rather full sidewalks, because I was terrified that if I took my camera out, they'd start focusing on my rather than where they were walking, and that would be the end of them.

Luckily, no children ended up getting wet on our adventure.


I love this time of year in DC. We don't typically get very much Spring, but what we get is truly delightful.



Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment