Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Looking for Baby Clothes? Try Organically Grown - But beware, you'll have to fight Helen for them

Pink bear goes almost everywhere with us. She's Helen's current love, and Helen insists that many, many privileges be extended to her bear. For example, when I made fairy wands for Connor and Helen, Helen insisted that "pink bear needs one!". Pink bear sits with us at dinner, rides in the car with us, and is carried around in a sling quite often. Recently, I've tried twice to make a quick run through Target with Helen and both times, she's insisted that "pink bear needs new clothes!". The wand, I caved on. And I don't mind if pink bear goes places with us, though Ed did toss her in the washing machine recently. But at Target, I repeated my standard mantra when asked for items I wasn't planning on buying "I'm sorry, Helen, it's not on my list today". I did, however, gift Helen several outfits from my now dwindling collection of baby outfits, and for a while, Helen deemed them suitable.

And then a certain package from the oh so chic store Organically Grown shop arrived in the mail. A package containing a super cute and super soft outfit that was pink. PINK! And it came with a hat. And immediately Helen started droning on about how pink bear really, really needs a new hat (even though pink bear has at least three suitable hats). So I told Helen pink bear could test it out, but as soon as Helen was interested in something else, I swiped it and hid it in my stash of "my pregnant friends with babies are going to love me" pile, to be gifted to the first of the four to deliver a girl. Race is on, friends. I'm crossing my fingers for Connor's assistant teacher, because I know she would love this. At our school, the faculty emphasizes putting children in natural fabrics. These tend to breathe better and the kids stay more comfortable.

First person I know that delivers a girl will receive the outfit pictured below. I'm quite certain your baby will love the soft fabric. The information that would normally appear on a tag is stamped on, so your wee one won't be fussing with some tag scratching her neck. You won't have to wonder if the product was treated with some strange chemical (it was not!). And I will get super kudos for gifting you this fine outfit. It's a win-win, as I see it.

But never fear. Even if I don't know you and you're pregnant - or if you're not the first to deliver a baby girl, you can still get this or several other outfits. Just go to http://shop.organicallygrowngroup.com/. The company is running a promotion now allowing you to use the code "organic winter" to receive 15 percent off all orders - and free shipping to boot! So go grab one of these outfits. But you might want to make sure it is securely on your child before visiting. Helen will definitely try and swipe it in the name of pink bear.


Honesty clause: As stated in the post, I was given this outfit to review. I'll be passing it along as soon as I can because this outfit should definitely be in use, not sitting in my home. It's not so fantastic that I'm regretting the decision to not have any more babies, but it is definitely nice. I just know my friend and baby fashionista Thrift Store Mama would approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment