Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Photo Contest!

Anyone who knows Ed, knows that the mall is not a place he likes to find himself. So why does he find himself there on occasion? Because of Helen's smile when she gets to go to Build-A-Bear! Seriously, who knew putting stuffing in a skin could be so delightful?


My parents spent a small fortune turning my rather odd teeth (hint: I still have baby teeth in my mouth. Lots of them!) into teeth that look like most adults. My best guess is that Connor has Ed's teeth. Which is to say, he has all of them - two sets, in fact - but they're prone to cavities. Helen, on the other hand, might have mine (please, tooth universe, no!). She doesn't seem to be missing any like me, but she has a couple of pointy bottom ones and those are trouble, trouble, trouble in my family. But on the bright side, even though I only have one set, for the most part, it's made of concrete and that's why at age 37, my baby teeth are still hanging on. It's only appropriate, then, that I enter Helen's smile in a photo contest, because I might just be going to the sponsor of this contest in a few years and begging them to have mercy on my checkbook.
I am participating in the Invisalign Teen Bright Smiles Holiday Photo Contest with Dumb Mom. Wish me luck!

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. I can almost hear her shriek of delight! :)

    Here's my entry if you are interested...

    http://www.mominmanagement.com/1698/these-faces-light-up-my-life/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - there was much shrieking - and that's exactly how she lives her life. We could all take a page out of her playbook!

    ReplyDelete