Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm planning to keep my eye on this one

Friday evening, I took the little people to a gym we often go to on Fridays - particularly when it's cold and I need to run them around and get them good and tired before bedtime. Friends Zoe and Mia were there, which is always a bonus. At my children's request, I pretended to be a lion, and I chased them around a bit. It is playtimes like these that account for the fact that I do not exercise, nor do I gain weight. I can seriously work up a sweat.

After running around for a while, Zoe came up to me and said: "Miss Elaine, can you not be scary for a few minutes. Connor and I need some privacy so we can go make a baby. We're going to have a baby. It's going to be in my tummy. And if you're a lion, you might scare it."



Connor seemed happy enough to stop running around for a few minutes, and next thing I knew, Helen announced that she was Connor and Zoe's baby.



To say Helen was thrilled to be fully included in the big kids' play would be the understatement of the year.



Elaine

1 comment: