Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Woman Party

There are two things I thought of when taking this recent set of photos - actually three.

The first thing I thought of was my friend Chris L.'s trademark "one-man-party". As you might suspect, this involves one person, a few beers, and probably some tunes. It's a fine way to spend the occasional Friday night.

Second, I thought of when I became pregnant with Connor and a few of my friends commented that they hoped I had a girl, because they couldn't wait to come over to the house some afternoon to pick me up and see our daughter with all her stuffed animals and dolls set out, along with a tea kettle and some "tea" at a miniature table, with Ed sitting there as well, knees in his ears from sitting on the tiny chairs, enjoying a tea party. That image alone was reason to be excited when I got word that Helen would be a girl.

And then I thought - who knew a little bit of water, a pitcher, a stool, and a cup could provide so much entertainment for the sub-2 crowd?








Helen, my dear, you seemed to enjoy your "one-woman-party" quite a lot, and I'm sure you can't wait to have your daddy join you next time.

1 comment: