Monday, August 18, 2008

The three of us

For Connor's 3rd Birthday, we tried something new. Rather than going into the studio, we brought a photographer to him.

Just as we have on lots of other mornings since I've been working part-time, we headed out to Connor's favorite park so we could take a walk in the woods. We didn't spot any foxes (as he and Ed did about a year ago!), but we did get very wet, threw lots of stones, and generally had a fun (and messy) morning. Jennifer (the photographer) was a total sport. I can't even BELIEVE she agreed to follow Connor everywhere he went.

When the session started, I wasn't sure how it was going to go. Connor announced to me that as soon as he got to the park he was "goin' to run and run and run and run" and indeed, he ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. But after that was out of him, he managed to stay at least a little still to get some photos taken. I'll post more when they arrive.

But can you believe it? Both of my children smiling in the same photo taken by a pro? I love it. I was very grateful that I dressed Helen in a completely reversible outfit (remember this from China, Kellee?). She unloaded a whole lot of goo all over the front of her shirt, so I just turned it around and made the back the front and voila - she looked clean again.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment