Friday, November 23, 2007

Things I am thankful for

This post should have been made yesterday, but with all the hoopla of getting to enjoy Ed's wonderful Thanksgiving meal outside (pecan encrusted salmon, potatoes Anna, sage and orzo stuffing and green beans almondine) just before the cold front swept in, I failed to gather my thoughts in time to post this.

So...here goes.

I am thankful for Ed, for the many ridiculous things he says and does, the way he parents our children, and most of all, for the partnership we have formed. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else. I am thankful for Connor's curly hair - and the way it sticks straight up in the morning, his never ending chatter, his genuinely nice disposition, and the way he runs everywhere when he's excited. I am thankful for the moments when Helen's eyes lock with mine, her sleep, and all of the girly clothes she's brought into my life. I am thankful for the Neil Young concert and my parents who babysat while Ed and I went to the show. I don't think we'll have the opportunity to see him perform in such a small venue - if at all - again. I am thankful for all the laundry, yardwork, and miscellaneous tasks my parents took on over the past week, the morning shifts they took, and the early Christmas they brought Connor. I am thankful for Vickie who freed some video from my video camera, the Milk Moms for all the parenting support, and Ellen's approach to life. I am thankful for warm days in November, respite from the heat in August, and puddles and piles of leaves that are both fun to run through. I am thankful for good-tasting desserts, meals that Connor sits reasonably still for, and every meal that Helen keeps down without writhing in pain. But most of all, I think I am at this moment thankful that Nablopomo is almost over, and I can go back to a reasonable number of posts each month!

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment