Monday, November 26, 2007

Knock on wood

I think the reflux might finally be under control. In the past few days, I can't remember any serious crying jags, only minor discomfort after meal times. Today, I was only drenched with baby goo once, and I think that was because I put her in the car after eating. I'm putting that down in the "not good things to do with Helen" list.


And...Helen has slept for 6 consecutive hours on 2 consecutive nights, and I am really feeling like the luckiest mama of a 6 week old on earth. Add that to the average ounce a day she's gained since the Monday after she was born, and you get one happy mama.

Plus, Helen can rotate her head from side to side when she's laying on her tummy. It sort of freaked me out the first time she did it a couple of days ago. I put her down facing one way, and came back with her facing the other.

Only downer is Helen has now failed her hearing screen twice. She gets one more shot next month and then she has to take a more invasive hearing test, which they sometimes sedate for. I don't really want to contemplate that.


(By request, the kiddos with my parents.)
Elaine

4 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay for decreasing vomit and even more yay for 6 consecutive hours of sleep. Clearly you are a SUPERIOR mother to be garnering such amazing behavior from a 6 month old (and such a cute and strong necked one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I meant a 6 week old. Clearly I am NOT NOT NOT getting 6 consecutive hours of sleep from my almost 5 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hearing screens are scary to contemplate. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete