On Monday, Helen insisted we go to the pool. I cautioned that I would not get in the deep pool, I would only put my feet in. I had hoped the little pool would be as warm as it was a week ago when we visited, but too many cold nights between then and Monday meant that even it was cold. I *might* have gotten feeling back in my feet around bedtime...on Tuesday. But it's summer now, and in summer - we swim!
Over the years, the list of activities we pack into summer has grown - and to get through the list we dreamed up at dinner on Monday is going to take a lot of effort. But we're ready to make a go of it. In no certain order, here is what we plan to do this summer.
- Go to a waterpark
- Find an ice cream truck
- Rent a paddleboat or canoe
- Eat raw oysters - preferably plucked right from the ocean by Captain Barry!
- Go to the swimming pool (accomplished by Helen already - not sure my toe dipping counts!)
- Go fishing
- Attend an outdoor concert
- Ride on a slip and slide (I don't think the kids knew I tossed our torn one in the trash at the end of last year - anyone have one we can borrow?)
- Run Amuck!
- Go camping
- Listen to jazz at the Sculpture Garden
- Splash in the fountains at Buzz Bakery (kids) while having a drink at Rustico (adults)
- Have a lemonade stand
- Light fireworks
- Make strawberry, chocolate, cookie dough, vanilla, and cookies and cream ice cream (I'm really looking forward to this, as up to this point, vanilla is the only flavor a certain 7 year old boy in our house will eat!)
- Pick peaches and blueberries
- Light a fire
- Go to a baseball game
- Bike to get ice cream
- Visit the frozen yogurt store
*Idea stolen from Therese.