Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Songs

There are many songs I have sung hundreds, if not thousands of times to my children. The songs were established when they were in utero, meant to bring comfort. For Connor, I couldn't stop singing "Baby Mine", my most favorite Disney song ever. It suits him perfectly. I also would sleepily intone Eddie from Ohio's "Hey Little Man" when I'd walk him around at night, wishing sleep would find my home. By the time Helen came around, I sang "You Are My Sunshine" and later, when I heard Red Molly sing "May I Suggest", I started to croon that, too.

A couple of days ago, I was not in a good place. Nothing seemed to be going right, and I was just sad. And then, what should I hear from the backseat but a request from Helen for each of these songs that have brought me comfort so many times. We sang them together. And by the end of our car ride, I felt much better.

Thanks, Helen. Sometimes you know what I need more than I do.



Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment