Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why Connor and Ed are no longer allowed in the kitchen together!

Last week, Ed decided we should have pizza for dinner. Typically, I would've made the dough, but instead I delegated the task to the men. I gave them the bread machine to do it in, so it wasn't as if actual skill was involved.

At one point, I looked in on the two of them as I was preparing for work, after hearing something like "oh no" come out of Ed's mouth and "need de vacuum" out of Connor's. Definitely not good signs. But, Connor was quick to reassure that the situation was totally under control.


This was not, however, the case. Do not be fooled by Connor's innocent smile. Not only was the kitchen about destroyed, but something went awry in the measuring step as when I came home, I had a gooey glob of dough that Connor and I had to work about 2 cups of flour into just to be able to use it - which was fine with Connor, because that meant he could throw more flour around.

So now there's a new rule in the house. Ed and Connor are not allowed near the bread machine unsupervised, even if it means we have to rely on store bought dough occasionally!

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment