Monday, April 30, 2007

Oh...to be almost two

On Sunday night, we had some friends over for dinner. We ate outside (thank you, cooperative weather). Connor and I made bread for the event. Seriously, he can knead dough! He really pushes down with all his might, and can seriously move the dough around. Only problem is, at some point he decided the dough ball was a PILLOW! Thankfully, I intervened before I had a kid with a head full of dough or a dough ball full of hair. He's not the most efficient baker, but what he lacks in efficiency, he makes up for in enthusiasm. And he certainly seemed to enjoy the many opportunities to sweep up flour that he provided himself.

Naturally, the meal was a bit lengthy for his taste, but he didn't seem to mind. As Ed was bringing out food for the main course, Connor got up, ran off the deck, dropped to the ground, and rolled in the grass with this huge grin. Only one other guest caught the experience. He and I shared a big laugh. This is surely the very best thing about being almost two.

If I had a photo, I would post it a million times, because it is moments like these that remind me being a mommy is the best thing in the world.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment