Monday, October 2, 2006

We went to the market…


and we got a Connor! By the time we got there, only one was for sale, and we feel pretty lucky we got him! It was easy to get him in the bag, but much harder to get him out. I think Connor would’ve played in the bag all day had we let him. But, at 18 pounds, he’s a bit heavy to be carrying around in a shoulder bag, so eventually he had to get out and walk.

Not only is he growing heavier, he’s also revealing more and more of that stubborn streak of his (that he gets from his dad). Lately, he’s been obsessed with the Great CD Player. Whenever he sees it, he wants to push the buttons, open the top, insert the CD, etc. I keep telling him that it’s not for babies, but he is unconvinced. Last night, Ed and I gave in. We issued Connor a blank CD to play with thinking maybe he would get over his fascination with the Great CD Player.
Within moments, Connor was demonstrating how to put CDs in and take them out, how to press the buttons, and clapping for himself as he honored the Great CD Player. If he could talk, I know Connor would be saying “see, Mom, I told you I could do it by myself”. And, if it were a CD I cared about, I would say “Yes, Connor, but you just scratched the crap out of that CD so now every time we try and play it, I will be annoyed”. Luckily, Connor can’t talk yet, so I have some time to figure out a more appropriate response.

Oh - and I get 1 mommy point for running across the playground and swiping Connor from beneath the slide just before a larger kid bowled him over coming down the slide. Several moms were impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment