Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Easy Cookie Baking - Krusteaz Mixes

I am a from-scratch baker, through and through. My only regular exception is brownies, because I'm somewhat convinced that box brownies are better than homemade brownies.

However, I like the idea of Helen and Connor making cookies without me - and they're not going to be able to execute my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe. The stove top element makes it just a wee bit too dangerous and difficult.

Enter - boxed cookie mix. In the past week, we've tested Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie and Snickerdoodle Cookie. Since the whole point of this exercise it to make something tasty, yet simple enough for my kids to pull off, we went one step further than we needed - and made pan cookies. I think my kids could plop even scoops of dough onto a cookie sheet, but it's easier to drop all the dough into one pan and spread it out.

The only thing you need to do in preparation for these cookies is to leave a stick of butter on the counter.

1. Gather ingredients - box mix, 1 egg, 1 stick of butter.


2. Mix them all together. (Helen can now run the stand up mixer on her own.)

3. Spread the dough in the pan and with the Snickerdoodles, spread the cinnamon and sugar packet on top.


4. Bake for about 20 minutes.

5. Let daughter take funny picture before diving in.


These cookies received solid accolades from both of my kids - and I've been sneaking several myself.

After making the batch of chocolate chunk cookies, I put together a small plate of them for my neighbor, which Helen delivered along with some errantly delivered mail. She and I had shared tears over the election a few days before this and I figured she could use a little pick-me-up.

Elaine

Disclaimer: I received several boxes of cookie mix to test. All opinions are my own. I'm looking forward to the kids grabbing the rest and making them up! However, do not think I have abandoned my typical bake-from-scratch ways. I made the two most delicious pies of my life a few days ago, which I'll be bragging about in this space soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment