Sunday, June 12, 2016

News

I don't read the newspaper very often. It stresses me out. It makes me sad. It is just a little more reality than I can handle on a daily basis. Instead of diving into the front page, I skirt around searching for articles of interest either because they intersect my work or someone has recommended them to me.

Today was another one of those days. My facebook feed was full of people standing strong with the families of the many people who were gunned down in Orlando. I don't know any of the facts, really, just that a machine gun - just like the one used in Newtown - was used again to commit mass murder.

It makes me sad, but deep down I do believe that eventually we're going to win this one.

But I am very much wondering how many people are going to be sacrificed to the cause before we do.




Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment