Monday, August 26, 2013

The Committee

As has been noted before in these pages, our house runs on a committee structure. Whenever Connor or Helen asks me a question that can't be answered immediately, I tell them I'll take it up with the committee.

Over the years, Connor has appealed several times to be a voting member on the committee. He even staged a vote last year, where all of his stuffed animals joined him to unseat me. But, unfortunately for Connor, the committee did not accept the vote.

Connor learned a little bit about governments and oppression when we were in England and France and yesterday, he told me that he was going to hold "a vote of no confidence" to unseat me from the committee.

Given that he had a lesson on how to overthrow a castle, and Helen has been pumping her fist demanding justice an awful lot, I'm starting to get a little concerned!



Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you are such a fun mom!!! I am laughing just thinking about those 2!!

    ReplyDelete