Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Let no light go unnoticed..and no, I cannot move my car


This afternoon when I came home from work, Connor and I shared a muffin. He was very excited to pull a piece off and then decide whether to stick it in his own mouth or mine - or crumble it and watch it fall to the ground. He laughed and laughed when I ate the muffin bites. He also spent a good deal of time pointing out all of the lights on the ceiling "DAH!". They're up high...did you notice?

Yesterday, he bit Ed on the nose when Ed was wrestling with him and tonight he tried to bite Ed's tongue when Ed stuck it out. Serves Ed right, I figure. Also shows the boy can retaliate, in spite of Ed being much bigger than he is.

However, Ed does do his best to stick up for the little guy when it counts. Last week, Connor fell asleep in the car as I drove to an outdoor bar to meet some friends for happy hour. Because we have a very firm - NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY - (advice handed down from my mother) rule in this house, I was sitting in the car with Connor as my friends sat in the bar waiting for me. Because I am the last human on this planet without a cell phone, I couldn't call to alert them to the fact that I was a mere half-block away, but I figured they were in a bar and could be resourceful.

The spot I parked in was legal, and I parked in it correctly. The spot in front of me was half consumed by a car that decided to park in TWO spots - half of the car in each one. As I saw Ed get off the subway and head towards the bar, I waved him down and he agreed to be on baby duty so I could go get a cold frosty beverage. While Ed waited, several cars attempted to park in the half spot, but of course were unsuccessful. At one point, a woman rolled down her window and got Ed's attention to ask if he would move my car back a little, so she could squeeze into the spot (and overflow into my spot). Unfortunately, she also got Connor's attention and he woke up. Ed's answer "You just woke my baby. No, I cannot my move my car."

Isn't his little curl cute?

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment