Saturday, May 6, 2006

TWCGHST - Part 2

So, the week Connor got his shit together, TWCGHST, continues. I forgot to mention in the last post that he is now a regular napper. Every day last week he took a morning nap that lasted 1.5 hours and 3 days he took an equally long or longer afternoon nap. Monday he abstained from napping in the afternoon, but given that it was his first day in my friend's house instead of my house, I figured some irregularities could be expected. Friday, his nap was shorter, but still a nap. He's still sleeping in the swing, but I figure if that's what he likes in the daytime, it's no big deal to me.

And...his crawling is getting better and better. Now, he's got sort of a tripod crawl going. He moves both of his hands forward, and then moves one of his legs, and then drags the other leg as if it's broken. Yes, he's crawling toward a platic bag in this video - which I'm sure is a terrible thing, but he really loves that bag and it has inspired him to crawl quite a distance (4 - 5 feet!). This continues to be a feature of TWCGHST.

Today we went to Gold Cup where Connor was able to enjoy carrying a beer glass (empty) around like all the adults (though the adults had beer in theirs) and eat potato chips. Yes, Mims, I allowed him to eat a potato chip but I still haven't buckled on the cookies thing.

On Thursday night, Connor ate carrots and peas for dinner, followed by green beans on Friday. More signs of TWCGHST.

But, the crowning achievement came last night. I nursed him to sleep, put him in his bed at 8:00 and I he didn't wake up until 5:00! Yes, folks, that means my little man slept through the night again. At 5:00, I fed him (he was hungry!) and then I held him as he sort of drifted in and out of sleep until about 6:30 when the sun was up and Connor was ready to face the day. Tonight, I did the same thing, so hopefully he will too! TWCGHST!!! Here, we're reading some books before bed.


Finally, check out Connor's new duds. Pappy signed him up to be a little wildcat and he got this, plus a magnetic frame in the mail. Woohoo!

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment