Thursday, May 11, 2006

Good-bye, growth chart

Today, Ed took Connor in for his 9 month check-up. The appointment was actually for Tuesday, but I had it in my head wrong and sent them. The doctor's office was nice enough to accommodate my spacey-ness. Unfortunately, it looks like Connor could've used those extra few days to pack on more ounces as he is now no longer clinging to the chart, but officially off it. According to Ed, he's in the second percentile for weight. His length and head size are still above the median - but Connor has to go back in next month for a weight check. The doctor recommended egg yolks (which Connor has eaten in the past), yogurt (which he seemed to enjoy this evening), and orange juice - which is a very strange recommendation given that the American Pediatrics Academy has recently stated no kid should ever have juice. So...when Connor looks longingly at my orange juice in the morning, I figure I'll let him have a sip or two, but I'm not pouring him his own glass. Ugh! I thought we were over the extra weight checks.

I stayed home with Connor today because his nanny needed the day off and it was quite a day. At one point, I was laying on the floor playing with Connor and he crawled over to me and used me to pull himself up to a standing position. He then got the bright idea to let go, looked quite pleased with his accomplishment, and then promptly fell down. It was all very cute.

Elaine, mom to what must be the skinniest baby ever but I swear he's really healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment